Dow Today: Procter & Gamble (PG) Higher
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading down 10.0 points at 13,028 as of Monday, May 7, 2012, 12:35 p.m. ET. During this time, 318.2 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 733.1 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,550 issues advancing vs. 1,341 declining with 152 unchanged. The Dow component leading the way higher looks to be Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG), which is sporting a 16-cent gain (+0.2%) bringing the stock to $64.44. Volume for Procter & Gamble currently sits at 6.1 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 10.7 million shares. Procter & Gamble has a market cap of $176.76 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. Shares are down 3.6% year to date as of Friday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 3.5%. The Procter & Gamble Company provides consumer packaged goods in the United States and internationally. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.8, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Procter & Gamble as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, reasonable valuation levels and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Procter & Gamble Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV