Rating Change #2
P.T. Telekomunikasi Indonesia Tbk (TLK) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for TELEKOMUNIKASI INDONESIA is rather high; currently it is at 63.60%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 13.00% is above that of the industry average.
- After a year of stock price fluctuations, the net result is that TLK's price has not changed very much. Although its weak earnings growth may have played a role in this flat result, don't lose sight of the fact that the performance of the overall market, as measured by the S&P 500 Index, was essentially similar. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.39, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that TLK's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.68, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- TLK, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 2.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.5%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, TELEKOMUNIKASI INDONESIA has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
Perusahaan Perseroan (Persero) PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia Tbk and its subsidiaries provide telecommunication and network services worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.6, below the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 14.9 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. P.T. Telekomunikasi Indonesia Tbk has a market cap of $17.89 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are up 17.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.You can view the full P.T. Telekomunikasi Indonesia Tbk Ratings Report or get investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV