Rating Change #4
Talisman Energy Inc (TLM - Get Report) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 189.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$326.00 million to $291.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 14.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for TALISMAN ENERGY INC is currently very high, coming in at 72.40%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 13.90% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $980.00 million or 10.98% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.48%.
Talisman Energy Inc., an upstream oil and gas company, engages in the exploration, development, production, transportation, and marketing of crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. It primarily operates in North America, the North Sea, and southeast Asia. The company has a P/E ratio of 35.3, above the average energy industry P/E ratio of 34.4 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Talisman Energy has a market cap of $13.47 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 0.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.You can view the full Talisman Energy Ratings Report or get investment ideas from our investment research center.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts