Tungsten Market Update (May 3, 2012)
By Michelle Smith — Exclusive to Tungsten Investing News
Tungsten seems to be a metal with two tales lately. Over the past two months, prices in China have been falling in tune with weak demand. Beyond Chinese borders, prices seem to have tumbled from the February range of $440-450 to $430-440, where they continue to hover.
China's domestic tungsten market is now showing some signs of recovery. Prices for both APT and concentrate have been on the rise, especially in the past week, as there appears to have been a spike in demand from Chinese traders and smelters.
Chinese miners are believed to have healthy stockpiles, so they are under no pressure to be flexible for the sake of cash. Smelters, on the other hand, are believed to have low stockpiles, so they are not expected to have much power to push down prices.Even as the Chinese tungsten market showed weakness in Q1, there was resistance to lowering prices for international buyers, and exports of tungsten are reportedly still weak. Miners outside of China continue to report strong demand and good prices and are still optimistic about the market. Tungsten Market Update (May 3, 2012) from Tungsten Investing News
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV