There will be time for questions and answers following the remarks. Before I begin the formal part of the meeting, I want to ensure that everyone recognizes that there are exits at the rear of the room. And in the case of a disruption of power, it won’t be TransAlta’s fault, but lights will still be illumination, so you will be able to find your way, the exit light will remain on and I suspect that this is the way you came in, so you may have a sense of how to get out.
By now formally call this annual meeting of shareholders for TransAlta Corporation to order. We will first go through the formal parts of the meeting. This is Ms. Sandra Evans [ph], and Mr. Michael Marasco [ph], of CIBC Mellon Trust, our transfer agent, are in attendance today, and I appoint them to act as scrutineers for this meeting.
I ask Ms. Sandra to file a copy of the notice of this meeting, which was mailed on March 23, 2012, to shareholders of record at the close of business on March 1, 2012. A copy of the notice and proof of service will be filed with the records of this meeting. The scrutineers have provided me with a preliminary report on the attendance and it appears that 1347 shareholders are present at this meeting in person or by proxy, representing 64,383,589 common shares of the company.
Accordingly 28.7% of the common shares outstanding are currently represented at this meeting. It therefore declare that a quorum is present, and that this meeting is properly constituted for the transaction of business. A copy of the scrutineers’ report will be filed with the records of this meeting. In order to move the meeting smoothly, employees who are shareholders or proxy holders will move second motions to be put before the meeting.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV