DC Summit: CIOs Must Drive Innovation And Deliver World-Class Operational Performance To The Modern Enterprise
WASHINGTON, May 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Successful CIOs develop strategies for driving innovation while delivering operational excellence across the enterprise, according to a panel of leading IT industry experts at the 2012 Washington DC CIO Executive Leadership Summit.
"In the past, CIOs were torn between delivering innovation and providing world-class IT to the enterprise. Today, they are expected to do both," said Hunter Muller, President and CEO, HMG Strategy. "In addition to operational excellence, they must provide the corporate leadership required to support and sustain a culture of true innovation. This is a sea change – an epic revolution in IT strategy."
The summit, held May 3 at the Willard Hotel, was a meeting of top IT executives, industry experts and thought leaders. The event was produced by HMG Strategy, a leading global provider of innovative IT leadership, management and technology support, in association with the Capital Area, "Society for Information Management" (SIM).
"Events such as the Washington DC CIO Executive Summit are incredibly valuable opportunities for CIOs and senior IT leaders to acquire knowledge, share experiences and meet face-to-face with top industry thought leaders," said Hunter Muller, President and CEO, HMG Strategy. "This is peer-to-peer networking and career building at the highest level of value."Keynote and panel topics included the Cloud Computing Paradigm; Risk, Security and Everything In Between; Driving Business Results through Mobility; Creating an Innovation Synapse; Leadership Strategies and Transformation; and Emerging Leadership Roles of the CIO. Keynote speakers and presenters included:
- Peter High, Founder and President, Metis Strategy, LLC
- Michael McKiernan, VP Business Technology, Citrix Systems
- Michelle Rudnicki, VP, Cloud Computing IBM NA, IBM
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV