The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading down 36.0 points (-0.3%) at 13,002 as of Monday, May 7, 2012, 11:35 a.m. ET. During this time, 253.3 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 733.1 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,280 issues advancing vs. 1,595 declining with 139 unchanged. The Dow component leading the way higher looks to be Kraft Foods (NYSE:KFT), which is sporting an 18-cent gain (+0.5%) bringing the stock to $39.43. Volume for Kraft Foods currently sits at 5.7 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 8.4 million shares. Kraft Foods has a market cap of $70.16 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. Shares are up 5.1% year to date as of Friday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 2.9%. Kraft Foods Inc., together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets packaged food products worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.9, equal to the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Kraft Foods as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Kraft Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about ^DJI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV