Analyst Rebecca Lindland of IHS Automotive said Akerson's projections are realistic because "GM is well-known and well-respected in China. Buick continues to do incredibly well there, and everybody knows that GM and VW got in early. They are the models for how to do biz in China."
Lindland said her firm's current projections for Cadillac in China are conservative, with sales of 100,000 in 2020, but added, "We don't make plant assumptions until we find out that GM is absolutely going to build there. It's a no-brainer that with a new plant, GM could cover the vast majority of the demand for the ATS and the SRX and the STS, and I could see us becoming much more aggressive with our numbers." -- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/tedreednc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV