Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:OXY) announced today that Christopher G. Stavros has been named Vice President and Treasurer.
Mr. Stavros, 48, has served as Occidental’s Vice President, Investor Relations, since October 2006. In addition to assuming responsibility for the corporation’s treasury function, he will continue to oversee investor relations for the company.
Commenting on Mr. Stavros’ appointment, Occidental President and Chief Executive Officer Stephen I. Chazen said, “I congratulate Chris on this well-deserved promotion. Through his leadership of the Investor Relations function, he has demonstrated a comprehensive understanding of both the financial and operational aspects of Oxy’s business.”
Mr. Stavros joined Occidental in 2005 as Director, Investor Relations. Previously, he held positions with Ernst & Young, Bristol-Meyers Squibb, Prudential Securities and UBS. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Boston University and an MBA from the University of Rochester’s Simon School of Business.About Oxy Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with operations in the United States, Middle East/North Africa and Latin America regions. Oxy is the third-largest U.S. oil and gas company, based on equity market capitalization. Oxy's wholly owned subsidiary OxyChem manufactures and markets chlor-alkali products and vinyls. Oxy is committed to safeguarding the environment, protecting the safety and health of employees and neighboring communities and upholding high standards of social responsibility in all of the company's worldwide operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV