NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Following the new iPad announcement and record earnings, the news flow from Apple (AAPL) has been light. A litigation settlement and rumors of a lower-priced MacBook could change that.
Proview, a Chinese electronics company, has been in litigation with Apple over the "iPad" moniker in China, and reports are that the two companies are now talking about a settlement, although the two sides remain far apart on what Apple is willing to offer. Proview first made the accusations in February.
Apple has not brought the iPad to China, although sales of its iPhone in China are performing exceedingly well, the company said in its second-quarter earnings release.
While the rumor mill focuses on the iPhone heading into an October launch, there is talk of a price cut for Apple's MacBook Air, which is expected to be refreshed sometime this summer.Tech blog Digitimes noted Apple will cut the price of its MacBook Air to $799 from $999, citing "sources from the upstream supply chain." Shares of Apple were lower in Monday trading, off 0.23% to $563.96. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV