Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), one of the nation’s leading health and well-being companies, and Reader’s Digest, one of America’s most recognized brands, today announced results of a nationwide survey that highlights an intriguing fact about health in America – despite our best intentions, Americans continue to make unhealthy choices.
According to the study, which looked at behaviors among different age groups, seniors were one group that ranked having good health as most important to them – more important than having a close-knit family or financial security. With a commitment to help people achieve lifelong well-being, Humana understands that while seniors’ healthy choices are important and critical to independent living and aging in place, Americans can’t wait until they turn 65 to make healthy choices. To effectively prevent chronic conditions, Americans of all ages must begin making healthier choices today.
Humana and Reader’s Digest surveyed 1,000 people nationwide about their health and well-being. Questions ranged from lifestyle tendencies – nutrition, hygiene, sleep and exercise – to feelings about happiness and the value of health today.
Americans know how to make healthy choices, but still do not make themWhile it’s widely understood that vegetables and fruits have health benefits and that everyone should drink water, most people eat too few veggies and fruits and drink too little water. The Humana and Reader Digest’s study found that:
- Only 26 percent of Americans eat 3-5 servings of vegetables a day
- Only 14 percent of Americans eat 3-5 servings of fruit a day
- Only 1 in 10 drink the recommended 8 glasses of water per day
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV