The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading down 46.0 points (-0.4%) at 12,992 as of Monday, May 7, 2012, 9:35 a.m. ET. During this time, 38.2 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 733.1 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,122 issues advancing vs. 1,536 declining with 196 unchanged. The Dow component leading the way higher looks to be Walt Disney (NYSE:DIS), which is sporting a 46-cent gain (+1.1%) bringing the stock to $43.39. Volume for Walt Disney currently sits at 562,896 shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 8.5 million shares. Walt Disney has a market cap of $78.52 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. Shares are up 14.5% year to date as of Friday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 1.4%. The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an entertainment company worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.6, equal to the average media industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Walt Disney as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Walt Disney Ratings Report.
- You can view the full Microsoft Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about ^DJI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV