First Midwest Bancorp
Shares of First Midwest Bancorp (FMBI) of Itasca, Ill., closed at $12.15 Friday, returning 19% year-to-date, after falling 29% during 2011.
The shares trade for 1.1 times tangible book value and for 13 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of 92 cents. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is 54 cents.
Harmon's price target for First Midwest Bancorp is $13, and the analyst said on Monday that "the recent surge in manufacturing activity [in the Chicago area] appears to weakening, as growth in average hours worked growth turned negative for the first time since 2Q09."Looking ahead, Harmon said that "while loan growth in Chicago seemed to be picking up in 1Q, the company should also benefit from roll-out of an asset-based lending platform and a more aggressive commercial lending push into downtown Chicago." Interested in more on First Midwest Bancorp? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV