Huntington Bancshares (HBAN) of Columbus, Ohio, has seen its stock return 19% year-to-date, closing Friday at $6.49. During 2011, the shares declined 19%. Based on a quarterly payout of four cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.47%.
The shares trade for 1.3 times tangible book value, and for 10 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of 67 cents. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is 63 cents.
Ken Usdin's price target for Huntington Bancshares is $7.50.Harmon said that Huntington's Midwest markets were "earlier to dip into recession, but have been quicker to rebound than most parts of the country. As a result, unemployment levels now compare favorably to other regions (OH, PA, and WV all below the national average), and housing prices have been more stable in recent quarters." Harmon added that "the resurgence in manufacturing has been a tailwind to loan growth, and we look for strong demand to continue in the near-term, and that along with new manufacturing investments by several blue chip companies, "the prospects for the shale oil/gas industry are bright, and HBAN is well-positioned to benefit," although competition is fierce. Interested in more on Huntington Bancshares? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV