PNC Financial Services Group
Shares of PNC Financial Services Group (PNC) of Pittsburgh closed at $65.26 Friday, returning 15% year-to-date, after pulling back 3% during 2011. Based on a quarterly payout of 40 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.45%.
The shares trade for 1.4 times tangible book value and for 9.5 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $$6.89. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $6.17.
Jefferies analyst Ken Usdin's price target for PNC is $72.00.Harmon said that "economic data within PNC's footprint [in the Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, along with a growing presence, though acquisitions in the Southeast] has held up pretty well and its overall economic ranking has stayed within the top half of banks for the past four years." Looking ahead, Harmon said that "much of the story has to do with how it can operate in new markets. PNC cites successes in Chicago and St. Louis (legacy National City markets) as the power of its brand, but anecdotes from competitors suggest that victories are a result of aggressive pricing." Interested in more on PNC Financial Services Group? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV