Susquehanna Bancshares (SUSQ) of Lititz, Penn., closed at $10.09 Friday, returning 21% year-to-date, after last year's 13% decline. The company in April raised its quarterly dividend by two cents to five cents a share, for a dividend yield of 1.98%.
The shares trade for 16 times tangible book value and for 11 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of 95 cents. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is 80 cents.
Casey Haire has a $12 price target for Susquehanna Bancshares.Harmon said on Monday that in Susquehanna's Southwest Pennsylvania footprint, "residential real estate and construction has seen some turnaround, although no clear trend of growth has emerged as pickup remains scattered geographically, and that "manufacturing data continues to show improvement, but the pace appears to be decelerating, offsetting any trend that may have been developing in average worked hours." Harmon added that Susquehanna's acquisition of Tower Bancorp in February "should lead to stronger commercial loan growth given the strength of pipelines at the acquired entity, but prospects for organic commercial loan growth remain minimal until activity picks up more." Interested in more on Susquehanna Bancshares? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV