Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia initiated coverage on Facebook with a "buy" rating and a $46 price target, which would offer nearly 65% upside if Facebook were to price its IPO at the low end of its expected range, $28 per share. Bhatia believes that Facebook's IPO is worth the risk predicting that the social networker could be as disruptive as Google (GOOG).
Advertising is a $600 billion market, and as more advertising moves online (currently $68 billion is online), Bhatia believes Facebook is disrupting advertising. This, he says, is led by social media and Facebook's 900 million users, more than half of which use the service daily. Other factors include Facebook's ability to monetize mobile, its placement in China and the company's potential to grow average revenue per user.
"Together, Mobile and China could add $1.5B in incremental revenue and $600 million in incremental EBITDA
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV