The most interesting of the three sector ETFs is the iShares Industrial Sector Bond Fund (ENGN). Its duration is 7.08 years and shows an SEC yield of 2.87%. The average credit rating is BBB+. Despite the theme of the fund of being industrial, it is more of an ex-financials corporate bond fund with companies like AT&T (T), Pepsico (PEP) and Oracle (ORCL) alongside names like Caterpillar (CAT) and Dow Chemical (DOW).
If rates do rise, these funds should not drop in price anywhere near as much as TLT, but they will look very volatile when compared to a very short maturity fund like iShares Barclays 1-3 Year Treasury Bond Fund (SHY).
As these are new funds, investors should prepare for the possibility that dividend payments will be uneven as there will likely be a swift increase in assets under management. The significance here is that today a fund may collect interest on $1 million face value of a bond, but a week from now it might have to pay out that interest to twice the number of shares, making the actual payout look unattractive.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV