NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Over the weekend, Madison Square Garden's (MSG) New York Knicks hung on in the NBA Playoffs, beating the Miami Heat 89-87. In the NHL's Eastern Conference semifinal series, the Rangers fell to the Washington Capitals, 3-2. Although the Rangers appear to have a much better chance of winning a championship, the success of sports franchises only tells part of MSG's story from an investment standpoint.
Back in mid-April, I spelled out my case for investing in MSG.
Since then, the stock popped 10.1%, moving up more than $3 to this past Friday's close of $37.94. During that session MSG touched an intraday, 52-week high of $38.38.
On the marketing partnership front, we have recently established new partnerships with Unilever, Blackberry, Tissot, (inaudible). The emergence of Jeremy Lin also created additional sponsored opportunities including a partnerships with Thailand based companies Acer and Maxis and a court side marketing campaign with Coca-Cola that include signage in Mandarin.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV