Inc. (NYSE: BDC), a global leader in signal transmission solutions for mission-critical applications, has released its new web-based configurator that gives data center designers, consultants, system integrators, facility planners and managers the ability to customize each enclosure to the specific needs of the selected active equipment.
This interactive tool provides quick and easy configuration of hosting equipment with power, connectivity, cable management and air flow for data center rooms housing active components.
The typical configuration process includes:
- Complete an online registration – all configuration files are saved to Belden’s secure server and the user will have access to their files at any point in time.
- Product selection from racks or enclosures to copper and fiber connectivity, power distributions and units and other accessories to facilitate active equipment hosting while optimizing design and cost.
- After identifying options, a PDF of the bill of materials is printed or exported for use in the ordering process.
- Once an order is placed, the specified products are built into the rack or enclosure and shipped to the data center site.
Key Features and Benefits include:
- Easy-to-access web based tool – no hard drive memory is required, all files are stored on Belden’s server for future retrieval and use.
- Quick and easy product portfolio creation – a product portfolio, with pricing, can be outputted in minutes allowing the user to actively gauge the cost impact on the data center build.
- Streamlined print and export capabilities – features both print and export functions for generating a solution matrix and bill of materials for use when placing an order or in discussion with a Belden representative.
- Convenient user interface – a step-by-step user interface expedites the build and selection process.
to try this new interactive tool.
St. Louis-based Belden Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets cable, connectivity, and networking products in markets including industrial automation, enterprise, transportation, infrastructure, and consumer electronics. It has approximately 6,800 employees, and provides value for industrial automation, enterprise, education, healthcare, entertainment and broadcast, sound and security, transportation, infrastructure, consumer electronics and other industries. Belden has manufacturing capabilities in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia, and a market presence in nearly every region of the world. Belden was founded in 1902, and today is a leader with some of the strongest brands in the signal transmission industry. For more information, visit
. Follow Belden on Twitter: @BeldenInc.
Belden Sending All The Right Signals are trademarks or registered trademarks of Belden Inc. in the United States and other countries. Belden also have trademark rights in other terms used herein.