TORONTO, May 7, 2012 /CNW/ - Alacer Gold Corp ( "Alacer" or the "Corporation") [TSX: ASR and ASX: AQG] today announced that upon review and discussion with ISS Proxy Advisory Services ("ISS"), the Corporation has agreed to amend its current draft By-Law # 2 as attached to the management information circular of the Corporation dated April 18, 2012 by:
- Setting the quorum requirement for shareholder meetings to at least two persons collectively holding 25 percent of the shares entitled to vote; and
- Setting the quorum requirement for board meetings to at least 50 percent of the number of directors.
The amendments will be put before shareholders of the Corporation at the annual and special meeting of shareholders to be held on May 23, 2012.
Alacer is a leading intermediate gold mining company with interests in multiple mines which provide ore to three processing facilities in Australia and Turkey:
- 80% interest in the Çöpler Gold Mine;
- 100% interest in the Higginsville Gold Operations;
- 100% interest in the South Kalgoorlie Gold Operations; and
- 49% interest in the Frog's Leg Gold Mine.
SOURCE ALACER GOLD CORP.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV