Kosmos Energy (NYSE: KOS) announced today financial and operating results for the first quarter of 2012, including a net loss attributable to common shareholders of $38 million, or $0.10 per basic and diluted share. This compares to a net loss attributable to common unit holders of $71 million for the first quarter of 2011. Net cash provided by operating activities was $145 million for the first quarter of 2012, as compared to net cash used in operating activities of $10 million in the same period of last year.
Highlights for the quarter ended March 31, 2012, include:
- Sold one Jubilee lifting, totaling 931 thousand barrels of oil, at a realized price of $124.30 per barrel
- Performed an acid stimulation on one of the Phase 1 wells at Jubilee
- Drilled the successful Enyenra-4A appraisal well, confirming a significant downdip extension of the Enyenra oil field
- Flow tested the Owo-1RA well (discovery well of the Enyenra oil field) at more than 20 thousand barrels of oil per day combined from three zones
- Discovered a significant oil leg in the Ntomme field with the Ntomme-2A well
- Expanded the Company’s onshore Cameroon acreage position with the 320 thousand acre Fako block, adjacent to Kosmos’ existing acreage on the Ndian River Block
- Captured significant new acreage offshore Mauritania, adding 6.7 million gross acres to the Company’s exploration portfolio
- Completed a 4,940 square kilometer 3D seismic acquisition program offshore Morocco in the Agadir Basin
Brian F. Maxted, Chief Executive Officer, said, “Our first quarter results included a number of significant results for Kosmos, as we made good progress on our 2012 initiatives. We have continued to strengthen our portfolio of exploration opportunities with new acreage acquired onshore Cameroon and offshore Mauritania, and we recently completed our 3D seismic acquisition offshore Morocco. At the TEN project on Deepwater Tano, we have had exceptional appraisal results, and we are progressing to submit the Plan of Development in the near future.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV