Move Inc. Stock Upgraded (MOVE)
- MOVE INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MOVE INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.09 versus -$0.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.34 versus $0.09).
- MOVE has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.31, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 489.72% to $4.10 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MOVE INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 15.23%.
- The gross profit margin for MOVE INC is currently very high, coming in at 85.10%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, MOVE's net profit margin of 1.70% significantly trails the industry average.
- MOVE, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 23.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.7%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.