Winthrop Realty Trust Inc. Stock Upgraded (FUR)
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.56, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- WINTHROP REALTY TRUST's earnings per share declined by 15.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WINTHROP REALTY TRUST reported lower earnings of $0.34 versus $0.81 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.39 versus $0.34).
- FUR, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 17.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.7%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 15.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $7.13 million to $8.25 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts