3 Parties Vie for Top Spot in Greek Elections
ATHENS, Greece -- An exit poll commissioned by Greek media shows three parties are vying for the top spot in the country's critical parliamentary elections, with no definitive front-runner and none gaining enough votes to form a government.
According to the exit poll, the conservative New Democracy party will get between 17% and 20%; the formerly majority socialist PASOK between 14% and 17%, and the left-wing Radical Left Coalition, or Syriza, between 15.5% and 18.5%.
The results all fell within the margin of error.
The extreme right-wing Golden Dawn is projected to win enough votes to enter parliament, with between 6% and 8%, well above the necessary 3% threshold.Official results are expected later Sunday night. > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV