ATLANTA, May 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN) will present one-of-a-kind, hand-painted Sam Bass trophies to the winners of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Aaron's 499 and Nationwide Series Aaron's 312 at Talladega Superspeedway May 5 and 6.
This will be the third time Aaron's has contracted with renowned motorsports artist, Sam Bass of Concord, N.C., to design and produce a unique trophy that will be coveted by drivers and racing teams. Aaron's and Bass together developed this year's concept – the trophy will feature an image of the driver standing atop a custom painting of the winning car.
"Aaron's Dream Weekend at Talladega features some of the most exciting, exceptional racing seen in the sport, and we wanted to create a trophy that exemplifies this unique event," said Ken Butler, Chief Operating Officer of Aaron's, Inc. " Sam Bass consistently delivers original, matchless designs every driver dreams of putting in their trophy case, so he was the natural choice in designing this year's trophy."Bass will begin his painting in Victory Lane at the close of the race and will be present with the winners when they receive their trophies. He will complete the process in his studio, then deliver and insert the painting into the trophy at the winning team's shop. "I am honored that Aaron's has chosen me once again to design the winning trophies for such a prestigious event in the sport of racing," said Bass, NASCAR's first officially licensed artist. "This is truly an opportunity to combine my passion for both art and motorsports, and I'm especially looking forward to painting the winning moment live in Victory Lane."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV