Philip Morris International (PM) pushed the Tobacco industry lower today making it today's featured Tobacco loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Philip Morris International fell 83 cents (-0.9%) to $89.13 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3.6 million shares of Philip Morris International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $89-$90.11 after having opened the day at $89.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $89.96. Another company within the Tobacco industry that decreased today was Alliance One International (AOI), down 5.4%. Philip Morris International Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells cigarettes and other tobacco products. Philip Morris International has a market cap of $154.91 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.5, above the average tobacco industry P/E ratio of 17.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 14.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Philip Morris International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Philip Morris International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Philip Morris International Ratings Report.
- Use our tobacco section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV