Tenaris (TS) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Tenaris fell $1.53 (-4.1%) to $35.89 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.6 million shares of Tenaris exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $35.74-$36.93 after having opened the day at $36.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.42. Other company's within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Crosshair Energy (CXZ), down 9%, General Steel Holdings (GSI), down 7.5%, James River Coal Company (JRCC), down 7%, and Horsehead Holding Corporation (ZINC), down 7%. Tenaris S.A., through its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of steel pipe products. Tenaris has a market cap of $22.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 34, above the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio of 17 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 0.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Tenaris a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Tenaris as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Tenaris Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about TS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV