Emerson Electric Co. (EMR): Today's Featured Industrial Loser
Emerson Electric (EMR) pushed the Industrial industry lower today making it today's featured Industrial loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.1%. By the end of trading, Emerson Electric fell 63 cents (-1.3%) to $48.73 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.1 million shares of Emerson Electric exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $48.52-$49.42 after having opened the day at $49.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.36. Other company's within the Industrial industry that declined today were: Cleantech Solutions International (CLNT), down 13%, Manitowoc (MTW), down 10.2%, China Recycling Energy Corporation (CREG), down 9.6%, and Zoltek Companies (ZOLT), down 9%. Emerson Electric Co. operates as a diversified technology company worldwide. It engages in designing and supplying products and technology, and delivering engineering services and solutions to industrial, commercial, and consumer markets. Emerson Electric has a market cap of $36.35 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.9, above the average industrial industry P/E ratio of 15.7 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Emerson Electric a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Emerson Electric as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Emerson Electric Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV