Capital One Financial (COF) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Capital One Financial fell $1.04 (-1.9%) to $54.52 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.7 million shares of Capital One Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $53.82-$55.22 after having opened the day at $54.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.56. Other company's within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: US Global Investors (GROW), down 8.1%, Penson Worldwide (PNSN), down 7.7%, Artio Global Investors (ART), down 7.3%, and Pzena Investment Management (PZN), down 7.3%. Capital One Financial Corporation operates as the bank holding company for the Capital One Bank (USA), National Association (COBNA), and Capital One, National Association (CONA), which provide various financial products and services in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada. Capital One Financial has a market cap of $32.53 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.3, below the average financial services industry P/E ratio of 7.7 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 32.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate Capital One Financial a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Capital One Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Capital One Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about COF
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV