Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.8%. By the end of trading, Johnson & Johnson fell 60 cents (-0.9%) to $64.74 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10.2 million shares of Johnson & Johnson exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $64.74-$65.29 after having opened the day at $65.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.34. Other company's within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Synergy Pharmaceuticals (SGYP), down 20.9%, Alexza Pharmaceuticals (ALXA), down 19.7%, Anika Therapeutics (ANIK), down 17%, and Cadence Pharmaceuticals (CADX), down 16.7%. Johnson & Johnson engages in the research, development, manufacture, and sale of various products in the health care field worldwide. Johnson & Johnson has a market cap of $179.35 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.4, above the average drugs industry P/E ratio of 17.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Johnson & Johnson a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Johnson & Johnson as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Johnson & Johnson Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about JNJ
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV