Honeywell International (HON) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry lower today making it today's featured Aerospace/Defense loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.9%. By the end of trading, Honeywell International fell $1.16 (-1.9%) to $59.31 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.6 million shares of Honeywell International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $59.21-$60.22 after having opened the day at $60.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $60.47. Other company's within the Aerospace/Defense industry that declined today were: Aerosonic Corporation (AIM), down 5.8%, Moog (MOG.A), down 3.4%, Teledyne Technologies (TDY), down 3.3%, and Taser International (TASR), down 3.3%. Honeywell International Inc. operates as a diversified technology and manufacturing company worldwide. Honeywell International has a market cap of $47.25 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 24, above the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio of 21.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 11.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Honeywell International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Honeywell International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Honeywell International Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about HON
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV