W.W. Grainger (GWW) pushed the Wholesale industry lower today making it today's featured Wholesale loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1%. By the end of trading, W.W. Grainger fell $3.91 (-1.9%) to $201.75 on average volume. Throughout the day, 450,450 shares of W.W. Grainger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 416,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $201.66-$204.13 after having opened the day at $202.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $205.66. Other company's within the Wholesale industry that declined today were: Chefs Warehouse Holdings (CHEF), down 19.9%, Lawson Products (LAWS), down 7.9%, Rada Electronics Industries (RADA), down 5.9%, and Staar Surgical (STAA), down 4.6%. W.W. Grainger, Inc. engages in the distribution of maintenance, repair, and operating supplies, as well as other related products and services for businesses and institutions primarily in the United States and Canada. W.W. Grainger has a market cap of $14.66 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.1, equal to the average wholesale industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 9.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are four analysts that rate W.W. Grainger a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates W.W. Grainger as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full W.W. Grainger Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GWW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV