Fastenal Company (FAST) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Fastenal Company fell $1.50 (-3.3%) to $44.29 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3.6 million shares of Fastenal Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $44.11-$45.62 after having opened the day at $45.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.79. Other company's within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: Cavco Industries (CVCO), down 7.9%, American Woodmark Corporation (AMWD), down 6.6%, Matrix Service Company (MTRX), down 6.3%, and McDermott International (MDR), down 5.8%. Fastenal Company, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a wholesaler and retailer of industrial and construction supplies in the United States and internationally. Fastenal Company has a market cap of $14.06 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 37.1, above the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio of 36.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Fastenal Company a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Fastenal Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full Fastenal Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about FAST
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV