McDonald's Corporation (MCD): Today's Featured Leisure Loser
McDonald's Corporation (MCD) pushed the Leisure industry lower today making it today's featured Leisure loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.9%. By the end of trading, McDonald's Corporation fell $1.17 (-1.2%) to $95.87 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.6 million shares of McDonald's Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $95.75-$96.85 after having opened the day at $96.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $97.04. Other company's within the Leisure industry that declined today were: Arcos Dorados Holdings (ARCO), down 16.5%, Caribou Coffee Company (CBOU), down 13.5%, CEC Entertainment (CEC), down 9.6%, and Orbitz Worldwide (OWW), down 8.8%. McDonald's Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, franchises and operates McDonald's restaurants primarily in the United States, Europe, the Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa. McDonald's Corporation has a market cap of $99.08 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.2, equal to the average leisure industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate McDonald's Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates McDonald's Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full McDonald's Ratings Report.
- Use our leisure section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV