Kimberly-Clark Corporation (KMB) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Non-Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, Kimberly-Clark Corporation fell 45 cents (-0.6%) to $78.29 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.3 million shares of Kimberly-Clark Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $78.24-$79 after having opened the day at $78.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $78.74. Other company's within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that declined today were: Xerium Technologies (XRM), down 6.9%, Warnaco Group (WRC), down 6.2%, Verso Paper (VRS), down 6.1%, and PVH (PVH), down 5.8%. Kimberly-Clark Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in manufacturing and marketing health care products worldwide. The company operates in four segments: Personal Care, Consumer Tissue, K-C Professional and Other, and Health Care. Kimberly-Clark Corporation has a market cap of $30.89 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.2, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Kimberly-Clark Corporation a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Kimberly-Clark Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Kimberly-Clark Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about KMB
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV