Mattel Inc. (MAT): Today's Featured Consumer Durables Loser
Mattel (MAT) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Mattel fell 61 cents (-1.8%) to $32.98 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.3 million shares of Mattel exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $32.85-$33.44 after having opened the day at $33.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.59. Other company's within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Universal Electronics (UEIC), down 9.2%, American Woodmark Corporation (AMWD), down 6.6%, LJ International (JADE), down 6.5%, and Johnson Outdoors (JOUT), down 5.4%. Mattel, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and markets various toy products. Its products comprise fashion dolls and accessories, vehicles and play sets, and games and puzzles. Mattel has a market cap of $11.54 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.8, above the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio of 15.6 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 22% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Mattel a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Mattel as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Mattel Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV