International Business Machines (IBM) pushed the Computer Hardware industry lower today making it today's featured Computer Hardware loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, International Business Machines fell $2.25 (-1.1%) to $204.99 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.9 million shares of International Business Machines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of four million shares. The stock ranged in price between $204.40-$207.11 after having opened the day at $206.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $207.24. Other company's within the Computer Hardware industry that declined today were: iGo (IGOI), down 6.9%, Dataram Corporation (DRAM), down 5.9%, Top Image Systems (TISA), down 5.8%, and Radisys Corporation (RSYS), down 5.6%. International Business Machines Corporation provides information technology (IT) products and services worldwide. The company operates in five segments: Global Technology Services, Global Business Services, Software, Systems and Technology, and Global Financing. International Business Machines has a market cap of $239.99 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.6, equal to the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate International Business Machines a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates International Business Machines as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full International Business Machines Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about IBM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV