CF Industries Holdings Inc (CF): Today's Featured Chemicals Loser
CF Industries Holdings (CF) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.3%. By the end of trading, CF Industries Holdings fell $13.57 (-6.9%) to $183.91 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3.8 million shares of CF Industries Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $181.61-$194.92 after having opened the day at $194.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $197.48. Other company's within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Gevo (GEVO), down 8.4%, OM Group (OMG), down 8%, Ceres (CERE), down 7.6%, and Aceto Corporation (ACET), down 7.3%. CF Industries Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiary, CF Industries, Inc., manufactures and distributes nitrogen and phosphate fertilizer products, serving agricultural and industrial customers worldwide. It operates in two segments, Nitrogen and Phosphate. CF Industries Holdings has a market cap of $13.13 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.1, equal to the average chemicals industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 38% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate CF Industries Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates CF Industries Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full CF Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV