Ford Motor (F) pushed the Automotive industry lower today making it today's featured Automotive loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.3%. By the end of trading, Ford Motor fell 25 cents (-2.3%) to $10.67 on average volume. Throughout the day, 53 million shares of Ford Motor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 44 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $10.63-$10.87 after having opened the day at $10.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.92. Other company's within the Automotive industry that declined today were: ATC Venture Group (ATC), down 19.4%, Fuel Systems Solutions (FSYS), down 14.8%, Meritor (MTOR), down 6.1%, and Commercial Vehicle Group (CVGI), down 6%. Ford Motor Company engages in the development, manufacture, distribution, and service of vehicles and related parts worldwide. The company operates through two sectors, Automotive and Financial Services. The automotive sector offers vehicles primarily under the Ford and Lincoln brand names. Ford Motor has a market cap of $41.57 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 2.4, above the average automotive industry P/E ratio of 2.2 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 1.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Ford Motor a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ford Motor as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Ford Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about F
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV