Motorola Mobility Holdings (MMI) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Motorola Mobility Holdings rose 40 cents (1%) to $38.80 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4.1 million shares of Motorola Mobility Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $38.28-$38.82 after having opened the day at $38.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.40. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Otelco Inc. Income Deposit Secs Units Cons (OTT), up 9.6%, Calix (CALX), up 9.5%, Cincinnati Bell (CBB), up 8.7%, and Blonder Tongue Laboratories (BDR), up 7.5%. Motorola Mobility Holdings, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides technologies, products, and services for mobile and wire line digital communication, information, and entertainment applications. Motorola Mobility Holdings has a market cap of $11.79 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are down 1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Motorola Mobility Holdings a buy, three analysts rate it a sell, and 17 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Motorola Mobility Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.
- You can view the full Motorola Mobility Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MMI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV