Sally Beauty Holdings Inc (SBH): Today's Featured Specialty Retail Winner
Sally Beauty Holdings (SBH) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Sally Beauty Holdings rose 43 cents (1.6%) to $27.40 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.9 million shares of Sally Beauty Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $27.15-$27.74 after having opened the day at $27.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.97. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: OfficeMax (OMX), up 4.5%, Bluefly (BFLY), up 4.3%, United Online (UNTD), up 3.4%, and Trans World Entertainment (TWMC), up 2.3%. Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the distribution and retail of professional beauty supplies primarily in North America, South America, and Europe. The company operates in two segments, Sally Beauty Supply and Beauty Systems Group. Sally Beauty Holdings has a market cap of $4.95 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.9, below the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio of 24.6 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 27.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Sally Beauty Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sally Beauty Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Sally Beauty Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV