Corrections Corporation of America (CXW) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.7%. By the end of trading, Corrections Corporation of America rose 18 cents (0.6%) to $28.25 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.6 million shares of Corrections Corporation of America exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $27.70-$28.35 after having opened the day at $28.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.07. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: Einstein Noah Restaurant Group (BAGL), up 19%, Peoples Educational Holdings (PEDH), up 13.7%, InfoSonics Corporation (IFON), up 13.6%, and AMN Healthcare Services (AHS), up 13%. Corrections Corporation of America, together with its subsidiaries, owns and operates privatized correctional and detention facilities in the United States. Corrections Corporation of America has a market cap of $2.89 billion and is part of the diversified services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.8, equal to the average diversified services industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 42.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Corrections Corporation of America a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Corrections Corporation of America as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Corrections Corporation of America Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CXW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV