BJ'S Restaurants Inc. (BJRI): Today's Featured Leisure Winner
BJ'S Restaurants (BJRI) pushed the Leisure industry higher today making it today's featured leisure winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.9%. By the end of trading, BJ'S Restaurants rose 83 cents (1.9%) to $44.08 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 696,643 shares of BJ'S Restaurants exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 382,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $43.19-$44.21 after having opened the day at $43.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.25. Other companies within the Leisure industry that increased today were: Einstein Noah Restaurant Group (BAGL), up 19%, Bluegreen Corporation (BXG), up 4.9%, and Canterbury Park Holding Corporation (CPHC), up 2.4%. BJ's Restaurants, Inc. owns and operates casual dining restaurants in the Unites States. The company operates restaurants under the BJ's Restaurant & Brewery, BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse, BJ's Pizza & Grill, or BJ's Grill names. BJ'S Restaurants has a market cap of $1.21 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 38.4, equal to the average leisure industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 4.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate BJ'S Restaurants a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates BJ'S Restaurants as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full BJ'S Ratings Report.
- Use our leisure section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV