Travelzoo Inc. (TZOO): Today's Featured Internet Winner
Travelzoo (TZOO) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Travelzoo rose 20 cents (0.8%) to $25.16 on light volume. Throughout the day, 248,786 shares of Travelzoo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 560,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $24.43-$25.82 after having opened the day at $24.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.96. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: LinkedIn (LNKD), up 7.2%, VirnetX (VHC), up 7.2%, Synacor (SYNC), up 7.2%, and Renren Inc ADR (RENN), up 5.8%. Travelzoo Inc., an Internet media company, together with its subsidiaries, publishes travel and entertainment deals from travel and entertainment companies, and local businesses in North America and Europe. Travelzoo has a market cap of $409.6 million and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 20, equal to the average internet industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Travelzoo a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Travelzoo as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Travelzoo Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV