Allied World Assurance Company Holdings (AWH) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, Allied World Assurance Company Holdings rose 81 cents (1.1%) to $76.05 on average volume. Throughout the day, 294,285 shares of Allied World Assurance Company Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 233,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $74.67-$76.13 after having opened the day at $75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.24. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: First Acceptance Corporation (FAC), up 9.2%, Unico American Corporation (UNAM), up 4.5%, Navigators Group (NAVG), up 3%, and Radian Group (RDN), up 2.5%. Allied World Assurance Company Holdings, AG operates as a specialty insurance and reinsurance company in Bermuda, Hong Kong, Ireland, Singapore, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Allied World Assurance Company Holdings has a market cap of $2.72 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.6, equal to the average insurance industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 16.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Allied World Assurance Company Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Allied World Assurance Company Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Allied World Assurance Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about AWH
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV