CareFusion (CFN) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, CareFusion rose $1.29 (5%) to $27.09 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, six million shares of CareFusion exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $25.59-$27.26 after having opened the day at $25.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.80. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: IsoRay (ISR), up 14.6%, American Caresource Holdings (ANCI), up 14.6%, Escalon Medical Corporation (ESMC), up 10.5%, and CAS Medical Systems (CASM), up 6%. CareFusion Corporation, a medical technology company, provides various healthcare products and services in the United States and internationally. It operates in two segments, Critical Care Technologies, and Medical Technologies and Services. CareFusion has a market cap of $5.89 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.9, below the average health services industry P/E ratio of 20.3 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate CareFusion a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates CareFusion as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full CareFusion Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CFN
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV