SandRidge Energy Inc (SD): Today's Featured Energy Winner
SandRidge Energy (SD) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2%. By the end of trading, SandRidge Energy rose 18 cents (2.6%) to $7.09 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 29.7 million shares of SandRidge Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $6.93-$7.32 after having opened the day at $7 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.91. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Equal Energy (EQU), up 9.5%, YPF Sociedad Anonima (YPF), up 8.5%, Gasco Energy (GSX), up 6.8%, and Lucas Energy (LEI), up 4.8%. SandRidge Energy, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an independent natural gas and oil company in the United States. The company engages in the exploration, development, and production of oil and gas properties. SandRidge Energy has a market cap of $3.02 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 55.8, equal to the average energy industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 15.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate SandRidge Energy a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates SandRidge Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally poor debt management and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full SandRidge Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV