Sequenom (SQNM) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.8%. By the end of trading, Sequenom rose 12 cents (2.3%) to $5.40 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 14.2 million shares of Sequenom exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $5.05-$5.83 after having opened the day at $5.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $5.28. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Cormedix (CRMD), up 16.7%, Opexa Therapeutics (OPXA), up 15.1%, Aoxing Pharmaceutical Company (AXN), up 13.9%, and Transition Therapeutics (TTHI), up 10%. Sequenom, Inc. provides products, services, diagnostic testing, applications, and genetic analysis products that translate the results of genomic science into solutions for biomedical research, translational research, molecular medicine applications, and agricultural and livestock research. Sequenom has a market cap of $614.5 million and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 18.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Sequenom a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sequenom as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and unimpressive growth in net income.
- You can view the full Sequenom Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SQNM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV