Dean Foods Company (DF): Today's Featured Consumer Goods Winner
Dean Foods Company (DF) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Dean Foods Company rose 10 cents (0.8%) to $12.36 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.4 million shares of Dean Foods Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $12.16-$12.40 after having opened the day at $12.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.26. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Physicians Formula Holdings (FACE), up 22.3%, Leapfrog (LF), up 14.6%, Mannatech (MTEX), up 11%, and Enova Systems (ENA), up 8.9%. Dean Foods Company operates as a food and beverage company in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Fresh Dairy Direct, WhiteWave-Alpro, and Morningstar. Dean Foods Company has a market cap of $2.25 billion and is part of the food & beverage industry. Shares are up 9.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Dean Foods Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Dean Foods Company as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Dean Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV